Live classes taught by fun, engaging tutors
Story Time Chess - Level 2
Strategy + Planning
- Learner should already know how pieces move
- Topics include: How to play a full game, what sequences to use in the beginning, and how to make an effective plan.
- All taught through storytelling in the wonderful world of Chesslandia!
- We utilize a unique cast of characters, in fun and interactive stories; children progressively learn to play chess. Our stories focus on why chess pieces move in their own unique ways and are supported by activities that cement chess knowledge in your child’s mind.
- Register now for small group classes led by our inspiring team of New York City based instructors
- Students learn through fun and engaging stories featured in Story Time Chess: The Game and beyond
- Our 45-minute lessons are perfect for students wishing to learn the basics and build confidence–on and off the board
- Parents stay in the loop, too! We send you engagement emails after every class so you can keep up with your student’s progress
- Our best-in-class educators are passionate about what they do, and it shows! Join now and have your student playing and loving chess in no time
Level 1: Chess basics, the learner knows nothing about chess. In this class, we cover how all the pieces move, what they like to do, and their relationship to each other.
Level 2: The learner knows how all the pieces on the chess board move. In this class, we cover how to play a full game, what sequences to use in the beginning, and how to make an effective plan.
Level 3: The learner should already know how pieces move + basic strategy. In this class, we cover piece valuation, even and uneven material exchanges, and grit - the benefit of being strong after winning/losing.
“Fantastic. I am absolutely shocked by how well this works online.”
Classes available to join
No classes were available for your age/level selection. Sign up to hear when new classes go live!
These times don't work?
Sign up to hear about new classes as we add them!