About Birchguard Quest
Class Times Available Class times all in Eastern Time.
Level 1 Topics Include: working with teammates, arithmetic, character building, thinking critically to solve problems
More levels coming soon...
Live classes taught by fun, engaging tutors
Our tutors are of the highest caliber. They are based all over the world, each one creative storytellers, excellent teachers, and wonderful with children. We break the mold when it comes to our tutors. Our goal is for each tutor to bring all subjects - chess, music, etc. - to life and make every class a memorable experience.
Our tutors are thorougly screened through several steps:
- Application process: we screen every tutor for their background, teaching experience, subject matter expertise, and motivation. We also assess their teaching setup to ensure they are able to provide you with the best experience possible.
- Background check: we conduct a SSN-based background check for identity verification and criminal record checks before a teacher starts their first class.
- Curriculum: our tutors are provided with our expert curriculum. Every detail of our curriculum has been honed as a result of hundreds of test classes, meetings, and drafts. It has been perfected in classes just like yours with the input of a diverse group of minds, ranging from education and subject-matter experts to parents like you.
More about Birchguard Quest classes
Birchguard Quest is an imaginative playground created to empower young minds to critically and creatively strategize in a diversified setting. Through guided fantasy role play, students are encouraged to be the hero in their own story.
Birchguard Quest brings a wholly original and exciting take on early childhood enrichment.
An “adventure” begins as each child designs a character and chooses a “class” with an attribute they’re interested in, which they role-play throughout the adventure.
A tutor then leads the group of characters through the Birchguard Quest story arc, where they handle challenges explicitly developed for their age group.
The challenges follow the SPA System™, including social, puzzle, and action-based encounters that test strategy, teamwork, critical thinking, and problem-solving under fast-paced, exciting circumstances.
Each session is a part of a grander adventure, allowing students to build on prior concepts on a week-to-week basis and fine-tune, or “level up,” their characters to effectively take on more complicated quests.
- From Lumara Brightbirch to Ozen Oakstrong, we use a Fantasy setting to teach children creative problem solving and instill a drive to work as a team
- Register now for small group classes led by our inspiring team of New York City based instructors
- Our best-in-class educators are experts in Childhood Education, Role Playing Games, and Having Fun!
"It was wonderful...[my wife] and I could each do our own thing. When’s the next session?"
"Having [my child] and their friends be part of an adventure that uses your brain instead of staring at a video game?...I love it!"